The Quantum guide to UK car insurance for young, classic, sports or performance car drivers with a jargon buster and tips on how to cut your premiums.
Getting a car insurance quote off the Internet can be a real chore. Here are some tips that can make your life a lot easier.
1. Before you log-on, get all the information you think you will need. Your last years completed proposal form will be of help.
2. You will want to get at least four comparison quotes from the direct writers OR two quotes from Insurance Brokers who can check around the market for you.
3. Don’t leave it to the last minute, some of the best quotes may only be available by going direct via telephone, rather than over the net.
4. Make certain you have a pencil and paper so you can write down any quote reference numbers you have been given, or print off the pages. You need to have a record just in case your computer crashes or it gets a virus.
5. The motor insurance market is very competitive at the moment so you should be able to beat last years premium, if you try hard enough.
6. If your car or your circumstances are unusual then try the specialist insurers, some very good deals can be done.
7. Do remember to check that you have Legal Expenses cover and also Breakdown cover.